Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) have long been one of the most popular and most effective forms of contraception. They require little to no maintenance, it can be inserted on the same day as a doctor’s visit, and depending on the options, are good for 3-10 years. The webinar addresses the health concerns and barriers of LARCs and how to overcome them.
The following topics are covered in detail:
- Bleeding changes associated with each LARC method
- Familiarity with use of the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use
- Testing required prior to LARC placement
- Barriers and solutions to same-day placement of LARC methods
- Patty Cason, RN, MS, FNP-BC